Serves 4 - 6 friars
- 1 small bunch kale - leaves only or any other green leafy veg -
- 1/2 small bunch parsley or mint - leaves and stems
- 1 small cucumber with skin - cut into large chunks
- 2 ribs celery or 2 broccoli stalks (without flowerets) - cut into large chunks
- 1 carrot unpeeled - cut large chunks
- 1 fruit of choice for a little sweetness I used mostly apples - organic golden delicious are good; other choices banana, pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, peach, cherries-
- Optional: 2-4 pitted medjool dates if more sweetness desired
- Optional: 1/2 inch knob fresh ginger or 1/2 inch fresh turmeric (turmeric for liver detox)
- 2 wheat grass juice shots or 1 tablespoon wheat grass powder
- 6 large ice cubes
- 1 cup or more cold water, cold green tea or probiotic coconut water
- 2 probiotic capsules (if not using probiotic coconut water) - open capsules and pour powder into smoothie
Place all ingredients into blender except for probiotic powder - blitz until smooth and add liquid for desired consistency. Add probiotic powder - blitz another few seconds to blend.
Give thanks and praise to God for His nutrient-dense gift filled with love, healing and joy!